Sustainable Development, 3 ECTS
Department, Faculty responsible for the course
Department of Ecology and Environmental Protection, Faculty of Arctic Technologies
Type of course
Language of instruction
Multidisciplinary course focused on the following topics:
– the modern state and tendencies of changes of the environment,
– the main problems of rational use, protection of biosphere resource status,
– the possible strategies for sustainable development of human society in the conditions of co-evolution with nature.
Students that have completed the course shall have the following learning outcomes:
• knowledge about the state of the environment and is able to explain the essential environmental problems and the main effects of pollution;
• knowledge about some solutions to environmental problems and is aware of ethical thinking in environmental engineering;
• ability to describe the concept of global change, and to critically evaluate information available on global change ;
• knowledge about the basic Strategies for Sustainable Development.
Lectures – 5 (2 hrs each), seminars – 10 (2 hrs each)
Updating date: 27.11.15