Russian Language and Culture, 10 ECTS
Department, Faculty responsible for the course
Department of Foreign Languages
Type of course
Language of instruction
entry test in Russian, available for students without Russian language knowledge
The course provides an overview of Russia’s history, culture, traditions and gives the course takers an insight into the lifestyles of Russian people, their language and customs.
• Learn basic facts from Russia’s historical background from the 10th century Kievian Russ to modern times.
• Explore Russia’s rich cultural heritage in literature, music, art, architecture and crafts with emphasis on the local Saami and / or Pomor culture.
• Examine the current political and economic trends in Russia and its role in the international arena.
• Gain knowledge of multiculturalism in modern Russia and develop your own opinion and personal experience-based understanding of the Russians.
• Learn about the Murmansk region’s environment, cultural and sports traditions, economy and education.
Tutorials and workshops – 5 and Lectures – 10 (1,5 hour each)
Grammar test, essay and speaking exam in the form of presentation
Updating date: 27.11.15