ScienceMSTU priority research areas are focused on the Arctic. Integration of university educational and research activities provides a sound basis not only for preparing specialists to work at enterprises but also scientists. MSTU has serious scientific background in 9 areas of Arctic research, such as:
- navigation safety and efficiency, search and rescue, emergency prevention at sea in the Arctic region;
- study of geophysical processes in the Arctic;
- exploration and use of biotechnology based on biological resources;
- innovative technology development and reproduction of aquatic biological resources in the Arctic region;
- technology of food products from vegetable and animal raw materials in the Arctic region;
- innovative technologies of onshore and offshore mineral resources production in the Arctic;
- environmental economics of the Arctic region and regional economy;
- resource - and energy-saving technologies in the Arctic;
- ecology, environmental protection and technosphere safety in the Arctic region.
In 2015 state support for research at MSTU amounted to 13 million roubles of the allocated budget (subsidies).
Updating date: 10.07.15